Welcome to my blog.

I am here to share my creations with you. I love making cards using rubber stamps. I also enjoy quilting whenever I get the chance. You can contact me by clicking on my profile, then you'll see my email. Thanks for visiting.

Sunday, April 10, 2011

TLC320 CAS114 Welcome Baby



This is for technique challenge which is scallop punch on a curve & for the CAS challenge to get our inspiration from BABY BIBS.

I had these pre cut Bazzill scallop strips so I decided to try the technique that way, I cut almost to the edge of the scallop, I used tacky tape on the back of the dotted dp after I traced the circle with a stencil. It's not perfect but I like the turn out. I used my sewing machine to do zig zag stitching around the circled edge & the scallop. I stamped the the monkey with black stazon on cream cs, traced another circle & cut out then colored with SU markers. I stamped the tree, colored then cut out & adhered to the cream circle. The sentiment is stamped with black stazon. The base of the card is black bazzill cs & I layered with textured teal cs then ran it through the CB circles folder twice. I added 3 medium red pearls to the top & bottom corners. I also added a red prima flower & adhered a Reflections beaded flower for the center.

I hope this works for both challenges. I was in the middle of making a monkey quilted tote bag & quilt to match & now I have a card to go with it.



StampsStampology Safari Clear Stamps, Studio G $1 sentiment clear stamp
Ink:Black stazon
PaperBlack bazzill cs, textured teal cs, cream cs, DCWV dotted dp
AccessoriesCB circles folder, scissors, sewing machine, bazzill pre-made scallop strips, SU markers, Reflections bead flower, red prima flower, red pearls, tacky tape

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails