Welcome to my blog.

I am here to share my creations with you. I love making cards using rubber stamps. I also enjoy quilting whenever I get the chance. You can contact me by clicking on my profile, then you'll see my email. Thanks for visiting.

Monday, February 21, 2011

TLC313 Bargello Quilt



This is for the technique challenge which is making a Bargello. I followed Joan's directions, which you can find HERE. I then used the nesties to make the shape after I made all the strips using My Mind's Eye dp. I layered with SU Chocolate Chip cs, then cut around the shape. I used my sewing machine to make the zig zag stitching around the shape as well as the lines in between. I also ran it through the CB Sawtooth folder. The base of the card is SU Chocolate Chip cs, I layered with My Mind's Eye rose dp & again with SU Creamy Caramel cs. I used my sewing machine again to do a tighter zig zag stitch around the creamy caramel & rose dp, then used the CB Sawtooth folder again. I also decided to add a piece of chocolate ribbon underneath the main shape. Then I adhered the panel to the base of the card. I added cream swirl pearls, used the MS Branch punch on SU More Mustard cs. I used DMC cream floss through the brown buttons, hot glued them to the prima flowers.

This was up my alley tonight as I was making quilt cards this afternoon....shhhh! I'm suppose to be working on 2 quilts.



Paper:SU Chocolate Chip cs, SU creamy caramel, light rose dp, My Mind's Eye dp,
Accessories:CB Sawtooth folder, sewing machine, scissors, tacky tape, buttons, DMC floss, MS Branch Punch, swirl pearls, ribbon, Nesties

1 comment:

Crystal said...

SOOOO PRetty Connie BEAUTIFUL Quilt creation!

Related Posts with Thumbnails