Welcome to my blog.

I am here to share my creations with you. I love making cards using rubber stamps. I also enjoy quilting whenever I get the chance. You can contact me by clicking on my profile, then you'll see my email. Thanks for visiting.

Friday, January 7, 2011

IC266 Ladybug Frame


This is for the inspiration challenge, we had to choose something from Stephen Joseph Gifts site so I found this cute ladybug FRAME to make my creation. My girls want me to make more of these frames.
I chose to alter a frame. I had these $1 wooden frames I was going to make the girls so I thought this would be perfect.

I started with DCWV pink striped dp. I cut a strip of DCWV textured lime card stock. I used scissors to cut a curvy line. I stamped the stems with SU Green Galore ink directly onto the pink dp. I then stamped the flowers with versa mark ink, used white embossing powder, then heat gun to set directly onto the pink dp. I stamped a mini heart with SU real red ink, then went over it with a SU real red marker. I stamped the big lady bugs with black stazon, colored with a SU Real Red marker, then cut out. I cut the head separate then, adhered to the body. (The head is away from the body on the original stamp). I used a white Signa pen to make the white spots on the lady bugs. The only crawling lady bugs I had were going the opposite direction so I made do. I stamped the small lady bugs with black stazon directly on the dp's, colored with a SU Real Red marker & white Signa pen. I also added white dots for all the eyes of the lady bugs with the white Signa pen. I used the white Signa pen to make stitching marks around the big lady bug.

It took awhile only because I was trying to find the perfect BIG lady bug. I enjoyed making this frame, I may hang it in the girls room.

I hope this was ok for the challenge because it's not a card.


Stamps:SU Fanciful Favorites, SU Love Without End, Hero Arts Clear Stamps
Paper: DCWV pink striped dp, DCWV textured lime cs, GP white cs
Ink:Black stazon, versa mark ink, SU Real Red
Accessories:Heat gun, white embossing powder, scissors, white Signa pen, $1 wood frame, SU Real Red marker

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails