Welcome to my blog.

I am here to share my creations with you. I love making cards using rubber stamps. I also enjoy quilting whenever I get the chance. You can contact me by clicking on my profile, then you'll see my email. Thanks for visiting.

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Teaching Kaitlyn to sew




My 7yr old daughter Kaitlyn has been wanting to learn how to sew. I've been thinking of teaching her for awhile now. I got out my old sewing machine, it still works of course, I was just ready for a upgrade when I bought my new Singer machine. I gave her a piece of fabric just so that she can get the feel of the machine as well as the stitches. I had cut squares out of penguin fabric and let her sew each square together. She ended up sewing 16 squares together to make a panel. Kaitlyn said it was hard sometimes to keep a 1/4" seam, but she'll get the hang of it. It takes time. I'm not sure what she's making but she's excited that her mother (me) is teaching her how to sew. She is excited & even singing while she's sewing. My 6yr old daughter Erin wants to be next, I think she's a little young, but she wants to learn too.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails