Welcome to my blog.

I am here to share my creations with you. I love making cards using rubber stamps. I also enjoy quilting whenever I get the chance. You can contact me by clicking on my profile, then you'll see my email. Thanks for visiting.

Thursday, October 7, 2010

SC301 Tea Folding Butterfly


I'm glad I was able to do this sketch. I was up making tea folding butterflies for my 2 daughters who wanted to learn origami folding.
I started with SU Lovely Lilac as the base. I layered with DCWV Adhesive Linen dp which is the green and the mustard. I ran the mustard dp through the CB Leafy Branch folder. I made the butterfly using the Tea Bag Folding, you can find the video: HERE.
I bought some origami 3X3 papers at Michaels today and cut 2 pieces down to 2X2 so I would have a smaller butterfly. I added a small adhesive pearl to the head of the butterfly and made antennas with wire. I also sponged the butterfly with CTMH purple ink. I stamped the sentiment with black stazon on GP white cs and used the SU Matt Stack, pierced holes at the bottom and sponged again around the edges with the purple ink. The image is layered using the same DCWV adhesive dp and is raised using 3D circles. I added 3 large adhesive pearls to the top left side. I had these pearl flowers, switched out the blue rhinestone brad and put a purple one in and used the hot glue gun to keep the flower in place.



Stamps:Studio G $1 clear stamp
Paper:SU Lovely Lilac, GP White CS, DCWV Adhesive Linen DP, Origami paper (3X)
Accessories:CB Leafy Branch folder, adhesive pearls, 3D circles, pearl flower with rhinestone brad, wire, SU Matt Stack, piercing tool, sponge, glue
Ink:Black stazon, CTMH purple ink

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails