Welcome to my blog.

I am here to share my creations with you. I love making cards using rubber stamps. I also enjoy quilting whenever I get the chance. You can contact me by clicking on my profile, then you'll see my email. Thanks for visiting.

Sunday, October 31, 2010

HYCCT31 Patchwork Dots


This is for the final HYCCT31 challenge The Great Escape. We were to choose something that inspired on Esty.com and I chose this lovely QUILT.
I love escaping to my sewing room so I could make my quilts & tote bags.
I started with a pre-embossed DCWV white cs as the base. I layered DCWV black/white gingham dp, used the CB Houndstooth folder. I layered the center with SU basic black cs, then GP white cs. I also used the CB Houndstooth folder on the white cs. I used a small square hole punch on a variety of black/white dp's. I also layered with SU basic black just on the bottom left corners of the small squares so it looks similar to the quilted blocks. I used a SU small circle punch on a variety of colored adhesive dp, tried to match as close as possible to the quilt. I centered the dots on each small square. I also used a SU tiny circle punch & the small SU circle punch on a variety of adhesive dp's for the outside of the quilt. The main panel is raised with 3D dots.

What do you think of the dots? Thank goodness for adhesive dp that's for sure.



Paper: DCWV Pre-Embossed white card, SU basic black, variety of black/white dp, variety of adhesive dp, DCWV gingham dp
Accessories: CB Houndstooth folder, SU tiny circle punch, SU small circle punch, 3D dots

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails