Welcome to my blog.

I am here to share my creations with you. I love making cards using rubber stamps. I also enjoy quilting whenever I get the chance. You can contact me by clicking on my profile, then you'll see my email. Thanks for visiting.

Monday, October 18, 2010

HYCCT18 From The Heart


This is for the HYCCT18 Vintage Style. We needed to make a vintage card. I have to admit, this is out of my element and this is my 1st one. I found this great website for free vintage postcards you can download free which is HERE.
I printed the postcard onto SU Creamy Caramel cs after I decided what size I wanted. The base of the 5X5 card is also creamy caramel cs. I brushed the edges with Brown Distress Ink. I layered with SU Chocolate Chip, used the distressing tool for the edges. I layered again with SU Creamy Caramel and used the CB Script folder, then sponged over it with the Brown Distress Ink. I titled the postcard used 2 pieces of olive handmade papers underneath. I added a creamy string of squares and wrapped a piece of tan ribbon around the card. I also tied a gold key charm into the ribbon. I added mini gold adhesive beads to the bottom and the sides. I stopped at Michaels on the way home from work and found these red old fashion flowers. I used my hot glue gun to attach the flowers along with the gold large adhesive beads. I also added a gold dragonfly charm. I thought it needed something else, so I added the gold corner piece. I'm glad I was able to pull this together.

The sentiment on the postcard says "From A True Heart"



Accessories:Copier, vintage postcard, mini & large adhesive beads, brass corner piece, old fashion red flowers, ribbon, thin ribbon with squares, charms, CB Script folder, sponge, distress tool, hot glue gun
Ink:Brown Distress Ink
Paper: SU Creamy Caramel, SU Chocolate Chip, olive handmade paper

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Connie this is GORGEOUS~!

Related Posts with Thumbnails