Welcome to my blog.

I am here to share my creations with you. I love making cards using rubber stamps. I also enjoy quilting whenever I get the chance. You can contact me by clicking on my profile, then you'll see my email. Thanks for visiting.

Saturday, October 9, 2010

HYCCT09 Embossed Butterfly


This is for the Hope You Can Cling Challenge. Today we were suppose to make a square card using 4 squares or letters on the card.
I used SU Pretty In Pink as the base. I had some misc gold dp and used it as my 2nd layer. I used SU paper lace that I was hoarding for years. I cut a small piece of GP white cs and adhered it underneath the paper lace so I could pierce the small holes for the brass square brads. I did that because the paper lace was to thin, I didn't want to rip the paper. I was given those by a pen pal of mine here on SCS, they actually came in handy today. I slit about a 1" opening towards the bottom on each side of the lace so I could put the ribbon through, then tied a bow. I thought it needed something around the lace, so I added lots of mini gold adhesive beads. I used the versa mark ink pad on SU creamy caramel cs, embossed it with gold embossing powder and the heat gun. I sponged the butterfly with little bit of water on a paper towel and the SU Pink Passion ink pad. I then cut out and attached the butterfly to the lace with 2 3D circles and my daughter thought I should add a medium adhesive white pearl for the head.
The word says "HOPE" on the square brads.

Paper:SU Pretty In Pink CS, GP White CS, Misc Gold DP, SU Creamy Caramel
Ink:Versa Mark, SU Pink Passion
Accessories:Brass Square Brads with letters, ribbon, piercer, SU Paper Lace, mini gold adhesive beads, gold ep, heat gun, scissors, sponge, 3D circles, medium adhesive white pearls
Stamps:MS Butterfly Clear Stamps

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails