Welcome to my blog.

I am here to share my creations with you. I love making cards using rubber stamps. I also enjoy quilting whenever I get the chance. You can contact me by clicking on my profile, then you'll see my email. Thanks for visiting.

Sunday, August 8, 2010

FS183 Butterfly Dream


Congratulations to vdutchr for being Featured Stamper. I chose this lovely
card.
I used SU basic black for the under layers as well as the base. I layered with DCWV solid dp and printed dp. The only thick black ribbon I had was dotted Halloween kind, so I turned it over, used tacky tape and adhered under the 2nd layer. I sponged with tempting turquoise onto GP white cs, then stamped small flowers from Fiskars clear stamps using the same ink but darker. I then stamped the sentiment with black stazon. I stamped the butterfly with versa mark on creamy caramel cs, used black embossing powder, then heat gun to set. I then cut out the butterfly. I stamped another butterfly directly onto the sponged piece to get the antenna underneath the main butterfly. I added turquoise mini adhesive blings for the body. I used small 3D dots on the main layer of the butterfly to give it dimension. I also used the SU matt stack to measure the brad alignment and added medium black brads to the top and side.

It was nice to play in a challenge again.

Things I changed: Colors, butterfly and used embossing


Stamps:Studio G $1 clear butterfly stamp, Fiskars Friendship Garden Clear Stamps, Inkadinkado Garden Words Clear stamps
Ink:Black stazon, tempting turquoise, versa mark
Accessories: tacky tape, 3D dots, heat gun, black embossing powder, SU matt stack, medium black brads, sponge, mini adhesive turquoise rhinestones, scissors, ribbon
Paper:DCWV printed & solid dp, creamy caramel, GP white cs, SU basic black

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love butterflies so loved your cards.Keep it up.

Related Posts with Thumbnails