I wanted to make a musical card that involved drums for a co-worker who plays in a local band called the Railbenders here in Denver.
I took the idea from Stampersandee and her card is here:
I started out by using SU Very Vanilla as the base for a 5X5 card. I layered with SU basic black cs. I didn't have any music paper so I stamped the 3rd layer with different music stamps with black stazon on SU Very Vanilla cs. I also used the Scor-Pal around the edges of the vanilla cs. I used SU basic black for both strips, but then used mellow moss on the vertical strip and silver adhesive beads and on the bigger strip, I used the Scor-Pal and glued a piece of moss ribbon between the scored lines and tied a piece of hemp around the ribbon. I then used a large circle punch on basic black cs, used an oval stencil, traced it, cut out, then used a medium circle punch on vanilla cs. The drums & the sentiment are stamped with black stazon on vanilla cs. I then used a versa mark pen over the images, then used clear ep and heat gun to set. The image is raised with a 3D dot. I also added mini adhesive silver beads on the mellow moss and the sentiment. I used the SU ticket corner around the sentiment. I also sponged around the edges and the stamped background. I used the CB music folder on the stamped background too.
Paper: SU Very Vanilla cs, SU basic black, SU mellow moss
Stamps:Inkadinkado Clear Stamps Rock Star
Accessories:Scor-pal, sponge, hemp, mini silver adhesive beads, scissors, stencil, med circle punch, large circle punch, versa mark pen, clear ep, heat gun, 3D dots, ribbon, CB music folder
Thursday, August 26, 2010
Monday, August 23, 2010
I wanted to make a monkey quilt to match the monkey tote bag for my co-worker who's having a baby boy. I thought this would make a great gift set. This quilt is Eleanor Burns Trip Around The World and it's the perfect size for a baby. All fabrics are 100% cotton along with the Warm & Natural batting. I quilted it and now it's in the wash to get the wrinkled look.
Tuesday, August 17, 2010
It's almost midnight on a work night and I just finished the monkey tote bag for a co-worker who's having a baby boy in Sept. I'm going to make a baby quilt to match too. All fabrics are 100% cotton as well as the warm & natural batting. I hope he & his girlfriend like it. My daughter Erin loves it because she loves monkey's.
Tuesday, August 10, 2010
I've been making these quilted tote bags for a few of my pen pals on splitcoaststampers. We've known each other for about 3 or 4 years now from across the globe, some have met each other, maybe someday I'll get that chance. This particular tote is for Dianne, I'm hoping she loves it just as much as I do. I still need to make 3 more for orders, but wanting to finish making them for my pen pal friends.
The tote is made from a fat quarter bundle and the lining is blue/white checkered fabric. All fabrics are 100% cotton including the Warm & Natural batting.
Sunday, August 8, 2010
Congratulations to vdutchr for being Featured Stamper. I chose this lovely
I used SU basic black for the under layers as well as the base. I layered with DCWV solid dp and printed dp. The only thick black ribbon I had was dotted Halloween kind, so I turned it over, used tacky tape and adhered under the 2nd layer. I sponged with tempting turquoise onto GP white cs, then stamped small flowers from Fiskars clear stamps using the same ink but darker. I then stamped the sentiment with black stazon. I stamped the butterfly with versa mark on creamy caramel cs, used black embossing powder, then heat gun to set. I then cut out the butterfly. I stamped another butterfly directly onto the sponged piece to get the antenna underneath the main butterfly. I added turquoise mini adhesive blings for the body. I used small 3D dots on the main layer of the butterfly to give it dimension. I also used the SU matt stack to measure the brad alignment and added medium black brads to the top and side.
It was nice to play in a challenge again.
Things I changed: Colors, butterfly and used embossing
Stamps:Studio G $1 clear butterfly stamp, Fiskars Friendship Garden Clear Stamps, Inkadinkado Garden Words Clear stamps
Ink:Black stazon, tempting turquoise, versa mark
Accessories: tacky tape, 3D dots, heat gun, black embossing powder, SU matt stack, medium black brads, sponge, mini adhesive turquoise rhinestones, scissors, ribbon
Paper:DCWV printed & solid dp, creamy caramel, GP white cs, SU basic black
Thursday, August 5, 2010
I went to Michaels on my way from work today. I noticed they had all new Cuttlebug folders. I knew I had to have this particular one.
I started with real red cs as the base. I used GP white cs and ran it through the CB Scrollwork folder. I stamped the MS Bird stamp with black stazon in the center and colored with SU markers. I used 2 way glue on the berries and added diamond dust for the sparkles. I also decided to glue a mini googlie eye on the bird.
After I made this card, I think I'm ready to make more.
Stamps:MS Bird stamp
Accessories:CB Scrollwork folder, 2 way glue, mini googlie eye, diamond dust, SU Markers
Paper:SU Real Red CS, GP White CS