Welcome to my blog.

I am here to share my creations with you. I love making cards using rubber stamps. I also enjoy quilting whenever I get the chance. You can contact me by clicking on my profile, then you'll see my email. Thanks for visiting.

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Teacher Retirement Quilt In Progress




This quilt is a work in progress for my daughter Kaitlyn's 1st grade teacher who is retiring. My husband and I came up with the idea of making the quilt by asking the 1st graders to draw and sign their individual blocks. The help of Kaitlyn's substitute teacher was a real trooper. The principal of the school found out what we were doing and had the other teachers draw or sign 2 blocks also. The balloon block is the one I made for our family block since I'm putting it together and we had an extra block, it worked out great. The 3rd picture is just a layout of all the blocks and the 1st picture is the lattice work I'm working on. It will have a red lattice between the rows as well. My daughter's Kaitlyn who is 7yrs old and Erin who is 5yrs old helped me layout the blocks and re-organize them too. They love to help mommy sew especially when I have strips left over.

More to come.....

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails