Welcome to my blog.

I am here to share my creations with you. I love making cards using rubber stamps. I also enjoy quilting whenever I get the chance. You can contact me by clicking on my profile, then you'll see my email. Thanks for visiting.

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Sunflower Tote Bag



I have to admit, this was out of my element to try something different by adding an outside pocket to the quilted tote bag. A friend of mine gave me bags & bags full of sample upholstery fabrics, not one was the same. I found a sunflower print, cut them to size around the sunflower. I used 2 of them as the pockets for the tote bag. I quilted around the flower and added borders which you can't see but only the top. I also found 3yds of the orange/yellow/green fabric along with the other samples. This worked out perfect with the look I wanted. The person who requested the tote bag wanted sunflowers and a pocket on the front with a sunflower. I hope this works. I guess there's a first time for everything right? I had a difficult time with it, but I think the outcome came out ok. This was my own creation. I figured the measurements with the help of my husband. He gave me the idea to wrap the straps from top to bottom.
TFL!

1 comment:

MARCINE LUKE said...

What a great looking tote bag.
You did an awesome job connie.

Related Posts with Thumbnails