Welcome to my blog.

I am here to share my creations with you. I love making cards using rubber stamps. I also enjoy quilting whenever I get the chance. You can contact me by clicking on my profile, then you'll see my email. Thanks for visiting.

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Birthday Pelican


After spending half the day making a quilted tote bag, I took a break and decided to make a card for the featured stamper, after all it's one of my favorite challenges. I also needed to make a masculine card for my BIL and this was perfect.
I used creamy caramel cs as the base. I layered with DCWV textured light teal cs. I used the CB swirls folder as the background. I then tied 3 strings of hemp around the background, then tied a knot. I layered the strips with creamy caramel cs and DCWV patterned dp. I stamped the sentiment with black stazon . I cut 2 squares of patterned spotted dp and layered underneath the image. I stamped the pelican with black stazon onto watercolor paper. I used primascolor pencils, blending stumps & mineral spirits to color the image. I sponged the sky with bliss blue ink. (I didn't have anything to make the clouds) I also stamped the sand with black stazon and blended the watercolor pencil. I decided the anchor needed sparkle so I used the 2 way glue and added dazzling diamonds.

Paper:SU creamy caramel, watercolor paper, DCWV light teal cs, DCWV patterned dp
Accessories:CB swirls folder, hemp, primascolor pencils, blending stumps, mineral spirits, 2 way glue, dazzling diamonds, sponge
Ink:black stazon, bliss blue
Stamps:Calm Seas, Fish Frolics, Studio G $1 clear stamps

1 comment:

solomi558 said...

Connie, I would like somtimes to add pretty stones to my crazy patchwork as embellishments,do you have to stick them by hand or is there a gadget .
Would you please leave inst,.on my blog------cottonreel

Related Posts with Thumbnails