Welcome to my blog.

I am here to share my creations with you. I love making cards using rubber stamps. I also enjoy quilting whenever I get the chance. You can contact me by clicking on my profile, then you'll see my email. Thanks for visiting.

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Doggie Treat Bag


My husband made some homemade doggie biscuits and I thought we could give a few to one of the teacher's aides that comes in my daughter's kindergarten class. The lady is handicapped and has a dog that's always by her side.

My husband typed the recipe and I enclosed it inside the bag. I stamped the tag from MS Christmas Clear stamp with black stazon onto white cs. I also stamped the paw with black stazon from Inkadinkado clear stamp. The background is real red cs and I stapled on each side.

I know my puppy loves these homemade treats, so I'm hoping her dog will too.

Here's the recipe:
1 Cup unbleached organic whole wheat flour
1 Cup organic oat flour
1 Cup yellow corn meal
2 tsp chopped parsley (fresh breath)
¾ Cups low sodium chicken broth
3 TBS vegetable oil
I also added a couple of teaspoons of bacon grease (optional)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Mix the flours and corn meal in one bowl
In a separate bowl, whip the egg, broth and oil. Add flour mixture and mix until completely mixed. You may add a teaspoon of water at this time if the dough is too firm or dry.
Knead the dough and roll out to desired thickness (I like 1/4” to 3/8”). Use fun shaped cookie cutters,
bake for 35 minutes or until deep brown, time will vary depending on the thickness

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails