Welcome to my blog.

I am here to share my creations with you. I love making cards using rubber stamps. I also enjoy quilting whenever I get the chance. You can contact me by clicking on my profile, then you'll see my email. Thanks for visiting.

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Golden Trees

 

Finally the weekend is here. I had a vision that I wanted to use my Christmas fabric and making a Christmas card with it. This fits perfect with the sketch challenge as well as Ways To Use It challenge using pearls.

I started with Burgundy Bazzill as the base. I ironed Fusible Web onto the fabric and then again onto white cs as the layer. I folded the ends of the fabric underneath. I used my SU mat stack to pierce holes in all 4 corners and attached mini gold brads. I cut 2 pieces of 2.5" x 2.5" squares on Glitter Self Adhesive dp. I stamped the image with Versa Mark onto GP white cs, used gold embossing powder and heat gun to set. I also added mini self stick pearls onto the tree. I sponged with Baroque Burgundy around the edges. I used the SU mat stack again on the corner, added 3 mini gold brads. I also layered with Burgundy Bazzill cs. I then tied 2 strings of gold ribbon across the bottom of the tree and tied a knot.

This is what I visioned all day at work and I'm happy with the results.

Posted by Picasa


Stamps:Inkadinkado Pattern Play Holiday Clear Stamps
Accessories:Christmas fabric, Fusible Web, iron, self adhesive pearls, gold embossing powder, heat gun, mini gold brads, tacky tape, gold ribbon, 3D squares, sponge
Paper:GP White cs, Bazzill Burgundy cs, Glitter Adhesive Gold dp
Ink:Barquoe Burgundy, Versa mark

2 comments:

Hapi said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

Teresa Kline aka va.sunshine said...

your card is so elegant and gorgeous...I also like the new addition to the family, very cute.....have a wonderful day!

enjoy *~*

Related Posts with Thumbnails