Welcome to my blog.

I am here to share my creations with you. I love making cards using rubber stamps. I also enjoy quilting whenever I get the chance. You can contact me by clicking on my profile, then you'll see my email. Thanks for visiting.

Sunday, November 1, 2009

LSC238 Spooky Quilt

 

For the limited challenge, we were to use Halloween colors. I just received my new quilt magazine, it had these great Halloween quilts and I took my inspiration from my magazine.

I started with pumpkin pie as the base. I layered with DCWV textured purple cs. I ran the CB Swiss Dot folder through caramel cs. I was given some top notes cut outs from one of pen pals here on SCS. I used a medium square punch on different Halloween dp's that I received from my twin sister (okstamper). I adhered all the squares onto the top and cut the access off. I then used a black sharpie and marked criss crosses on the seams. I also ran the CB Houndtooth folder after I adhered all the squares. I stamped the spider web on caramel cs with black stazon, cut out and attached a spider brad for the center of the web onto the orange square. I attached orange ribbon underneath the top note. I also stamped the skull with black stazon on caramel cs, cut out and added googlie eyes. It's attached with a 3D square as well as the top note. I also stamped the sentiment with black stazon onto caramel cs, layered with DCWV textured purple cs. I added an orange mini brad on the corner. It's also raised with a 3D square.

After I was done with this, I noticed I had 5 embellishments, however I think the googlie eyes would count as one. I hope it was ok.

Posted by Picasa

Stamps:Imaginisce, $1 Studio G Halloween clear stamps
Accessories:ribbon, mini orange brad, googlie eyes, spider brad, scissors, 3D squares, CB Houndtooth folder, CB Swiss Dot folder, black sharpie, top note
Paper: Pumpkin pie cs, DCWV textured cs, caramel cs, Halloween dp's
Ink:black stazon

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails