Welcome to my blog.

I am here to share my creations with you. I love making cards using rubber stamps. I also enjoy quilting whenever I get the chance. You can contact me by clicking on my profile, then you'll see my email. Thanks for visiting.

Monday, August 31, 2009

Erin's Log Cabin Quilt

 

I've been needing to make new quilts for my 2 daughters. I started with my youngest daughter Erin who will be 5yrs old in 2 weeks. I took her and myself to Joanns, I let Erin pick out her fabric and I was surprised of what colors she picked. She said she really liked the browns, pinks and creams together. The only part I chose was the tone on tone cream fabric. I think she did a pretty good job.

All fabrics are 100% cotton. This quilt is called Log Cabin by Eleanor Burns. It took about 16hrs to make with the help of my husband. As I was sewing the strips, he would cut the strips and press. My daughter wanted to help so after each strip was sewn, she handed the strips to my husband so he could cut, now she could tell people that she helped making her new quilt for her bed. I'm going to take my older daughter Kaitlyn who just turned 6yrs old to Joanns this weekend so she could pick out her own fabric too.

TFL!

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails