Welcome to my blog.

I am here to share my creations with you. I love making cards using rubber stamps. I also enjoy quilting whenever I get the chance. You can contact me by clicking on my profile, then you'll see my email. Thanks for visiting.

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Masculine Lone Elk

 

There's nothing like making a birthday card at the last minute when I knew the date 2 months ago. I started with chocolate chip cs as the base. I layered with bliss blue cs, used the CB distressed stripes and brushed timber brown stazon ink on the front as well as the edges. I then stamped the trees with timber brown stazon on mellow moss cs, sponged the edges and then used the distressing tool. I added a piece of brown ribbon and tied a bow. I stamped the elk with timber brown ink onto caramel cs and use used the distressing tool for the edges and sponged the edges too. I added 3 mini copper brads for the corners. I colored the image with primascolor watercolor pencils. I stamped the pine cone with the leaves onto mellow moss cs and used a medium circle punch as well a large circle punch. I then used the distressing tool around the edges. The circle is raised with a 3D square.
This was messy but worth it. He loved the card. It was for a good buddy at work who's always willing to go the extra mile for me.
Posted by Picasa

Stamps:Yukon, Lovely As A Tree, Mini Mates, Pines
Accessories:CB distressed stripes, 3D square, ribbon, sponge, medium circle punch, large circle punch, sponge, distressing tool, primascolor watercolor pencils
Ink:Timber Brown Stazon
Paper:Mellow Moss, Chocolate Chip, Bliss Blue, Caramel

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails