Welcome to my blog.

I am here to share my creations with you. I love making cards using rubber stamps. I also enjoy quilting whenever I get the chance. You can contact me by clicking on my profile, then you'll see my email. Thanks for visiting.

Sunday, April 5, 2009

CC207 Quilted Sunflower

 

The color challenge was to use Summer Sun, Old Olive and Pumpkin Pie. I was determined to get this card done tonight. I had to help with homework and such.

I started out by punching 9 squares with my medium square punch with 2 of the same color cs which are old olive, pumpkin pie and summer sun. I ran all the squares through the cuttlebug houndstooth folder so it would look like a quilt. I then put them randomly together onto white cs. The base of the card is DCWV pre-embossed card. I used a black sharpie for the criss cross lines between the squares.
I used my new butterfly punch and added 2 mini olive rhinestones for the body. I also added a piece of old olive cs underneath the butterfly so you can see the color. I stamped the flower with summer sun ink and stamped another flower onto whisper white cs, cut it out, used a 3D square. I used my new MS Button hole punch on pumpkin pie cs and stitched the holes with white embroidery floss....which is also raised with mini 3D dots. The stem and leaves were stamped in old olive and I stamped the leaves again, cut out and used 3D squares too. I used my new MS fence border punch on summer sun cs and glued to the bottom. I thought it needed a bird so I stamped the bird from Hero Arts onto the fence with black stazon and colored with BIC It markers. I also added the same color ribbons to the side of the frame and stamped the word "hello" with black stazon. The main image is raised using the 3D squares.

Posted by Picasa

Stamps:Flowers and Friends, Hero Arts Decorative Bird, Hedgehog Play
Paper:Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Summer Sun, Whisper White
Accessories:Black Sharpie, CB Houndstooth folder, medium square punch, 3D squares and dots, rhinestones, BIC It Markers, ribbon, butterfly punch, MS Button Hole punch, scissors, embroidery floss, MS Fence punch, needle
Ink:Black Stazon, Old Olive, Summer Sun

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails