Welcome to my blog.

I am here to share my creations with you. I love making cards using rubber stamps. I also enjoy quilting whenever I get the chance. You can contact me by clicking on my profile, then you'll see my email. Thanks for visiting.

Thursday, January 29, 2009

WT203, SC213 Polished Stone Lighthouse

 
I combined 2 challenges with this card. The card sketch is one and the other was to use any type
of alcohol based products. I was determined to get this card done tonight even though I have to get up at 4:30 to get ready for work. I wanted to try the polish stone technique. I used glossy white cs for the image, used re-inkers, rubbed with cotton balls and alcohol, let dry then sealed it with acrylic sealer. I didn't get the right look to stamp the image directly on the paper after I did everything so I decided to stamp the image with black stazon onto transparent paper. It still gives it the glossy look to it. I used olive-lime bazzill cs as the base. I layered with GP white cs and ran it through the CB Mesh folder. I also ran the CB Distressed folder through the striped dp and again with the CB Mesh folder onto the lime strip. I layered with Night Quite Navy cs. The main image is raised using 3D squares. I then added a chipboard oval, added 2 white brads and the sentiment says "wish" for the hardware.

Posted by Picasa

Paper:GP White cs, olive-lime bazzill cs, DCWV dp, SU glossy white cs, transparent paper, Night Quite Navy
Ink:Black stazon
Stamps:Coast to Coast
Accessories:chipboard, CB Mesh folder, CB Distressed stripes, white brads, 3D squares, hardware, re-inkers, rubbing alcohol, cotton balls, arcylic sealer

1 comment:

Katie @ Paper Makeup said...

beautiful card. I love the layout! Thank you for having me in your sidebar!

Related Posts with Thumbnails